The Manufacturing Sciences department within the Operations Science & Technology organization leads the optimization, validation, implementation, continuous improvement and global technical support for late stage and commercial manufacturing of therapeutic proteins for AbbVie. We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Scientist I position, Cell Culture based in Worcester, MA.
- Executes experiments in process development and manufacturing support with supervision.
- Performs basic data acquisition and analysis in a timely manner. Assists in experimental designs and data interpretation.
- Documents work appropriately in lab notebooks and technical memos; contributes to writing technical reports
- Maintains lab equipment and optimizes lab operations for efficient use of time and resource.
- Troubleshoots equipment and experimental problems.
- Assists in continuous improvement activities.
- Assists in manufacturing support.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- BS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline
- Understands basic scientific/engineering principles applicable to assigned tasks.
- Capability to consult literature/reports or other independent research to understand and develop scientific purposes of assignments.
- Is familiar with routine statistical methods and has the ability to apply these methods to experimental data.
- Has demonstrated ability to identify critical information from own work and has also contributed to experimental design.
- Good communication and scientific skills, the desire and drive to grow and develop scientifically.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-motivated desire to achieve.
- Must have a “results-oriented” work ethic and a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Previous biopharmaceutical industry experience within relevant scientific discipline.
- Mammalian cell culture experience with media preparation, operation of shake flasks and bioreactors and relevant cell culture analytical techniques.
- Prior experience with manufacturing support and knowledge of process development.
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)