The Vertex Summer Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are fearless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their summer project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams through a series of Professional Development Workshops.
Be FEARLESS... Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Modeling and Simulation Department is seeking a Summer Intern (Graduate Level) to develop population PK/PD models and explore the creation of new and innovative ways of to analyze and communicate results. Emphasis will be on exposure response modeling, simulation techniques, and graphical creations.
Possible projects include:
- Development of population PK models
- Development of exposure–response models of key biomarkers
- Development of methods and approaches for simulation of combination therapies that could be automated for future analyses.
- Evaluation of modeling and simulation used in pediatric drug development including population approaches and PBPK
- Evaluation and exploration of results of complicated modeling using new and standard software packages
- Evaluation and exploration of various estimation methods with different model complexities
- Performing analyses using NONMEM, PsN, R, Phoenix, and similar tools
- Search, summarize and present literature topics of interest to project.
- Prepare poster/written presentations summarizing work for internal presentation
- At a minimum, must be currently enrolled (and continuing in Fall 2018) as a graduate student (Pharmaceutical sciences, Pharmacometrics, Clinical pharmacology, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative discipline with an emphasis on Pharmacometrics and PKPD modeling).
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of drug metabolism and PK/PD principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be highly-motivated and have an excellent work ethic.
- Proven ability to analyze more complex clinical pharmacology studies using various PK/PD software programs
- Excellent hands-on skills in population PK and PKPD modeling, mechanistic PKPD modeling, Clinical trial simulations, Disease progression modeling etc.