RTI Health Solutions provides consultancy and research services to pharmaceutical and other healthcare industry clients. We are looking for a dynamic and talented candidate to launch their career within our European-based Health Economics team.
As a Research Health Economist, you will work within an experienced team in a friendly and collaborative environment. As part of our team, you will perform leading-edge research to evaluate the clinical, humanistic, and/or economic value of new medicines and other healthcare products.
Our research is used by Health Technology Assessment authorities worldwide to inform their decisions about the availability, pricing, and reimbursement of new healthcare interventions.
We offer the opportunity to build a rich, rewarding career, tackle new challenges, publish and present your research, and enhance the depth and diversity of your skills.
This position is an office-based position that is located in our Manchester, UK office.
- Coordinate and support health technology assessments (HTAs) and submissions to reimbursement and regulatory agencies such as NICE, SMC, G-BA (AMNOG), TLV, and HAS
- Conduct clinical and economic systematic and targeted literature reviews to HTA standards
- Conduct health economics and outcomes research to support cost-effectiveness, budget impact, and cost of illness, and support multi-country adaptation of these analyses
- Write reports and proposals
- Implement and deliver high-quality scientific projects to agreed timelines and budgets under direction of senior staff
- Communicate effectively (via email, telephone, and in-person) with clients and team members regarding projects and proposals
- Begin to build scientific stature through publication in peer-reviewed journals and conference symposia
- Develop conference presentations/posters and manuscripts
- Master’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience in HTA organizations, pharmaceutical industry, contract research, consulting to the pharmaceutical industry, or related area in Pharmaceutical Policy, Pharmacy Administration, Economics, Health Economics, Biostatistics, or a related field.
- Familiarity of HTA guidances such as NICE, SMC, G-BA (AMNOG), TLV, and HAS
- Experience related to creating reimbursement submissions for pharmaceuticals and/or medical devices for multiple countries
- Coursework or experience in conducting searches in electronic databases and knowledge of systematic review process
- Experience/familiarity with primary data collection studies; analysis of health care claims, registries, or survey data from the outcomes perspective; cost-effectiveness and budget impact modeling using decision modeling approaches such a Markov and simulation; and cost-of-illness studies would be an advantage
- Demonstrated skills for reading, writing, and synthesizing scientific research material including evaluation and summarizing of research findings, data extraction, and critical appraisal of the literature
- High level of attention to detail, organizational skills and accuracy; ability to multi-task and prioritize work and be flexible depending on client deadlines
- Enthusiasm, commitment and ability, to produce consistently high-quality work within tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
RTI Health Solutions (RTI-HS) is a business unit of RTI International. We provide scientifically rigorous research and consulting services to pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. Our various practice areas include: Health Economics, Patient Centered Outcomes Assessment, Pharmacoepidemiology, Market Access and Outcomes Strategy, Biostatistics, Clinical Services, and Health Preference Assessment.