Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.3 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim is seeking a process engineer to provide support to the Implant and Epitaxial Growth group of manufacturing operations by optimizing existing manufacturing processes for analog/mixed-signal silicon device fabrication at our factory in Beaverton, Oregon.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting processing equipment failures
- Optimizing equipment configuration to maximize output
- Installation and qualification of new tools
- Developing and monitoring process and equipment measurements to improve quality
- Root cause investigation of discrepant material and implementation of yield improvement programs
- Developing new manufacturing processes to improve yield, quality, cost, and cycle time.
- Writing operating and equipment maintenance specifications
- Identifying and qualifying new materials and equipment suppliers
Training and mentoring production technicians
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, or related field of study.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 for undergraduate and graduate-level coursework.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Experience with epitaxial growth processes.
- Experience with vacuum equipment, including pumps, gauges, pressure control, gas flow control.
- Background and coursework covering semiconductor devices and solid state physics.
- Background and coursework covering plasma discharges and plasma physics.
- Superb computer and math skills, including statistics.
- Able to communicate with audience at any technical level.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to productively engage with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Adaptable, detail-oriented, practical thinker, and problem solver who is a quick learner and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter with a strong worth ethic who will thrive in a dynamic 24/7 operation.