We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton High Pressure Systems Engineer
Under supervision, the High Pressure Systems Engineer, applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes and new development. Assists in preparing component specifications, follows work processes to document designs, and prepares materials for design reviews. Under minimal supervision, uses engineering tools to document calculations and compare the results in controlled databases. Identifies the testing objectives at a component level in accordance with Halliburton’s Health, Safety, and Environment procedures and evaluates test results. Collaborates with mentors to understand the basic content required to submit an invention disclosure, and recognizes ideas that have IP potential without disclosing confidential information. Works effectively as a team member by communicating clearly and efficiently to provide innovative solutions. Takes the initiative to go beyond what situations require and focuses on attention to detail by making sure that work is done correctly, completely, and to the highest standards. Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
Job scope potentially requires:
- Under supervision applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes and new development.
- Equipment design, modification, and specification using engineering tools and design software
- Assists in preparing component specifications, follows work processes to document designs, and prepares materials for design reviews.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to develop and review standards, specifications, work methods, design documentation, and perform design reviews.
- Compares results against design criteria and stores calculations in controlled databases.
- Perform analysis, lab trials, and field trials to validate design performance
- Under minimal supervision, uses spreadsheets, software computations and other tools to facilitate and document calculations.
- Collaborates with mentors to understand the basic content required to submit an invention disclosure, know the relevant intellectual property landscape, and recognizes ideas that have IP potential without disclosing confidential information.
- Identifies the testing objectives at a component level. Applies test protocol/procedures that follow Health Safety Environment procedures.
- Designs components, and assists in preparing component specifications, follows work processes to document designs, and prepares materials for design reviews. Coordinates with project leads to deliver on project scope, schedule and services by assessing input requirements and applying functional specifications.
- Under general supervision, inspects, reviews and recommends inspection criteria and repairs to a variety of discharge manifold equipment including; straight joints, swivel joints, steel hoses, plug valves, foam generators, wellhead adapter flanges, in-line densometers and flow meters, as well as a variety of other discharge manifold equipment. Provide assistance to Manufacturing during assembly and alpha testing.
- Assists with directing Field Personnel in troubleshooting of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline required to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experienced with: Ansys/AutoCad/MathCad/Solidworks.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher – level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skills, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Associate Mechnical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer up to a Sr. Mechanical Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.