- Applies knowledge and experience of engineering concepts to solve and find propulsion systems solutions
- Design of bipropellant, monopropellant, cold gas, and electric satellite propulsion systems
- Perform subsystem analyses including the optimization of propellant loading, plume analyses, thruster alignments, and on-orbit performance assessment
- Responsible for propulsion hardware performance specification including propellant/pressurant tank sizing, thruster selection and configuration, and performance characteristics, redundancy and fault management.
- Work with power, thermal, bus electronics engineers to ensure subsystem architecture meets operational requirements
- Define and capture subsystem test requirements and flowdown to unit level
- Support qualification and testing of propulsion systems
- Experience with propulsion system operations - orbit raising, in-orbit testing, on-orbit operations or anomaly recoveries - a plus
- Experience in satellite refueling systems - a plus
- Demonstrated team player and project management skills
Minimum Skills and Years of Experience Required to Perform the Above:
- Courses/experience in electric propulsion systems, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics, physics
- Minimum of five years of systems engineering related working experience.
- With MS or PhD minimum of three to five years-related working experience required.
Minimum Education or Equivalency:
- BS degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field. MS or higher preferred.
Experience level of the applicant we want
Some work experience, Graduate