We are seeking a consulting scientist to diversify our research and development efforts aimed at synthesis, characterization and scale-up of functional polymers and block copolymers for drug delivery applications. We are seeking candidates with a proven record of innovation and interested in collaborative teamwork across material science, plasma physics, and biochemistry disciplines for development of our biotech applications. If mutually acceptable, this position could lead to a full time opportunity after 6 months of employment.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science with relevant doctoral/post-doctoral research experience or Master’s Degree and 2+ years of relevant industrial or academic research experience.
- Training and research experience in the field of polymer science or polymer chemistry is required, including hands-on experience in the areas of polymer synthesis using one or more polymerization processes (ring opening, free radical, ionic, condensation polymerization under solution, emulsion, suspension or melt conditions).
- Business development experience at a leading firm focused on strategic/JV/R&D partnerships with leading companies in the area of drug delivery/nanomedicine; broad knowledge of competitive dynamics and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding and experience with polymer characterization techniques (NMR spectroscopy, Size Exclusion Chromatography, Light Scattering, DSC, dilute solution viscometry, GC, ICP-OES/MS and LC-MS) as applied to determination of polymer composition, end group structure, molar mass determination and purity is required.
- Ability to excel in a multi-disciplinary environment that values creativity and collaborative teamwork to achieve company objectives is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of end functional polymers and block copolymers comprised of biodegradable and biocompatible components and their application for development of biomaterials and drug delivery devices is a plus.
- Experience working with hydrogels, polyelectrolytes, micro-, nano-particles, polymer thin-films or other self-assembled structures is valuable.
- Experience in scale-up of polymerization processes and reactor engineering is a plus.
We prioritize local applicants (in the San Diego, California vicinity) as there are no relocation services or related compensation available at this time.
Please forward your CV/resume and a brief introduction with the subject header “Posting: Consulting Scientist” to: email@example.com
Note to Third Parties: Please do not forward any agency resumes. PlasmaNano is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.