A vacancy will shortly arise for a Machine Operator within our Production Department on 5-crew at Irvine Business Unit.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Safe operation of I.S. Machines
- Identification of container defects
- Swabbing Procedures
- Health & Safety and Hygiene Awareness
The ideal candidate will have:
- Production and/or engineering experience.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision and on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm, commitment & personal drive.
What we offer as a company:
- Competitive salary.
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme.
- Career progression opportunities.
The successful applicant should be prepared to undergo an initial period of training (5 days) at one of our Yorkshire plants.
- Educated to GSCEs grade C or above in Maths, Science and English (or equivalent).
- Production and/or engineering experience in a continuous process industry.
- Attention to detail and ability to solve problems.
- Awareness of relevant Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations.
- Computer literate.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
Please note, as part of the recruitment process, applicants for this position will be required to participate in a series of aptitude tests.