We are looking for a resourceful and driven individual to join our new Data Services function within Exiger Technology. A big part of this role will involve gaining an understanding of the latest Big Data solutions and understanding where they will benefit Exiger and our clients. Additionally, a consultative and creative approach to solving data-centric client delivery requirements and challenges are very important, as well as the ability to adapt to fluctuating requirements and priorities across a globally distributed client base.
- Understand and steer agile delivery methods in the definition, design, delivery, testing and release of the data solutions
- Required to work closely with Application Architects and various Application teams who are responsible for interfaces to backend data.
- Create and support analytics tools to determine usage, statistics and other metrics in support of client use of Exiger Tech systems
- Running of batch files for clients
- Develop batch automation tools for autonomous client usage
Knowledge & Skills
- ETL and Data Pipeline Optimization
- Data Wrangling
- Code Optimization
- Data Cleansing and Data Modelling
- Data Management and Data Quality
- Reporting/Dashboard Design & Build
- Business Analysis
- Strong command of the English language
- Strong organizational skills
Professional Experience Required
- A degree in Computer Science or Management Information System, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages such as Python, etc.
- Proficient ability in SQL-based databases
- 3+ years of experience of ELT/ETL tools such as Talend, Informatica
- Superior communication skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to implement and use BI tools such as Tableau
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem: MapReduce, Pig, Spark, Kafka, Hbase, Hive etc.
- Experience in Data modeling / KeySpace definition
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes Containers
- Previous experience within the financial services sector
We at Exiger are committed to equal opportunities and diversity. To remain an equal opportunity employer, we intend that no qualified job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion or political belief, disability or age. There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees.