The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs circa 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions: Sporting Index (SPIN), the pre-eminent sports spread betting company; and Sporting Solutions (SSLN), which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join a stimulating team which is responsible for supporting the build, configuration and management of it systems enabling some of the most exciting and cutting-edge technologies. The team is right at the centre of all of Sporting Group operations and no two days will be the same due to the demands and challenges that supporting the business brings.
- Maintain the corporate desktop estate, centrally deploying applications and controlling environments through group policies and ensuring patching and antivirus measures are consistently applied
- Responsible for the daily and monthly check lists
- Responsible of onboarding new employees with their IT equipment
- Act as primary technical contact, balancing good relationships with formal ticketing and documentation to guarantee clear and consistent communication.
- Help and educate users of in-house tools, Microsoft operating systems, and office 365 productivity applications
- End-to-end responsibility for the administration, support, and maintenance of all desktop infrastructure and user applications
- Monitor system performance and status at all times and, in conjunction with monitoring, take early actions to ensure products remain available and of high performance.
- Continuously help to evaluate and improve support process, tools, and system instrumentation to make the department as effective as possible and the technology as transparent as possible
- Deal with hardware and software vendors, managing escalation and reporting on service levels
- Help and educate users of in-house tools, Microsoft operating systems, and office productivity applications
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support to end users
- Assist or lead on a range of tasks or small projects ensuring deadlines and priorities are met
- Assist in the production and delivery of a range of written correspondence including reports and documentations
- Ensuring hardware and software assets are up to date in the asset management system
- Answer phone IT enquiries
What we’re looking for
- Someone with an IT Degree or Equivalent
- A high interest into technologies
- Display the company core values of Quality, Innovation, Pace, Delivery, Ownership and Enjoyment;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well-developed research skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, articulate and professional manner