American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. We help companies and their employees prosper by making sure travellers are present where and when it matters. We keep global business moving with the powerful backing of 16,000 travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on GBT to provide travel management services, organise meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.
We’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionize the travel industry and bring greater value to our business customers. Our clients’ success expands our success, so we put our heart and soul into helping our clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, we are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening our position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes. Get ready to make impressions that will last.
Data Analytics team, which is part of the Data Analytics, Technology and Product Organisation of GBT, is at the forefront of providing an extensive range of professional reporting services in the travel and procurement field, including spend and trend analysis, strategic advice, benchmarking, and travel policy review, particularly in the area of supplier (e.g. Airline, Hotel, Car Hire Company) programme management.
The Data Analytics team is offering a 3-year Placement Programme for students studying Computer Science or Data Science. While the first two years of the placement are focused on supporting the analytical team, the 3rd year offers opportunities to move to other teams within the organisation to maximise business exposure and expand skillset.
- To manage the delivery of data consolidation, reporting and analysis within scope and budget and in accordance with internal processes/workflows
- To translate client requirements into a reporting solution
- To enable the delivery of profitable and efficient analysis tools, products and processes
- To develop and maintain an effective and professional relationship with Consulting Project Managers and Analysts team and clients
Key Areas of Activity:
- Data consolidation including quality checks of the received data using mainly Alteryx and SQL
- Analysis and interpretation of airline, hotel, car rental and other travel data using Excel, Access, Tableau and other modelling tools
- Modelling of airline, hotel, car rental and other supplier corporate discount programmes to help our clients understand the value achieved and options for negotiation, alternative sourcing and performance of their travel program
- Preparing client reports, models and analysis as well as presenting results to clients via webex or face-to-face meetings
- Managing all analytical and data aspects of client projects
- Working closely with the team members to deliver accurate information and analysis to clients
- Playing an active role in generating ideas for new models and analysis which could be developed to enhance our client proposition or to help develop the financial success of the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and calculation functions
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau and Alteryx is desirable
- Very strong analytical skills with demonstrable ability to interpret all data sources in order to identify areas of opportunities and recommend solutions
- Time management and self management skills and demonstrable consistency in meeting agreed deadlines / time-frames in a pressurised environment
- Ability to work on own initiative without the need for significant supervision
- Analytical problem solving ability
- Ability to work as an active and participating member of a team
- Strong attention to detail, analytical mind and conscientious approach
- Confidence and ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all times and at all levels of organisational structure, both internally and externally