Assist the education staff implementing school and other programming. Programs include but are not limited to onsite guided tours at Chatfield Farms, drop in activities, and family events. Additional programming responsibilities include material maintenance and accurate record keeping. This is a paid Internship.
Internship will be from late August to November 2019. Tuesday & Thursday approximately 10 hours a week.
Career Type: Paid Internship
Education/Experience: Undergraduate or graduate student in the field of education, teacher preparation, museum studies or environmental education. Coursework in education, child development, developmentally appropriate practice, and science education is desired. Candidate should have an interest in pursuing a career in formal or informal education. Previous experience working with children is required, experience with grades preK-6 preferred. Basic knowledge of environmental sciences, agriculture or horticulture desirable. Familiar with Windows computers and software including Microsoft Office, Outlook and scheduling software and standard office equipment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare and deliver assigned programs, including but not limited to school programs, tours, scout programs and family programs.
- Set up and take down program materials.
- Provide program introduction to groups of elementary-age students, teachers and parent chaperones.
- Maintain a safe environment for visitor and address first aid issues.
Other Job Duties:
- Assist in monitoring materials used by education and other departments.
- Assist with preparation for family programming.
- Assist with coordinating volunteers as needed, and provide support for all volunteers.
- Revise or create programs as needed, including but not limited to School Programs at Chatfield Farms.
- Keep accurate records of attendance, programs, confirmations or other matters as needed.
- Work to assure the highest quality experience for all DBG visitors.
- Maintains satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers and others.
- Maintains a positive, helpful and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Experience level of the applicant we want
Some work experience, Graduate, Undergraduate, College / Sixth form
Industry of our company/organisation
Accountancy, banking and finance,
Business, consulting and management,
Charity, non profit, voluntary,
Creative arts and design,
Energy and utilities,
Engineering and manufacturing,
Environment and agriculture,
Hospitality and events management,
Law enforcement and security,
Leisure, sport and tourism,
Marketing, advertising and PR,
Media and internet,
Property and construction,
Public services and administration,
Recruitment and HR,
Science and pharmaceuticals,
Teacher training and education,
Transport and logistics