As a junior Data Scientist on the Threat Intelligence team, you will be responsible for the development of products to support the Threat Intelligence Analysts. This will include activities such as creating tools and visualisations for investigation and reporting of threats. You will also apply your skills to support other areas of the business where required, for example by providing marketing with unique insights from our data. You will have the opportunity to solve unique problems and develop your data science skills.
Essential Criteria, Skills and Experience:
- Have a proven track record of applying analytical tools and methods. This should include either a relevant degree or demonstrable experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in understanding business problems and creating data driven solutions.
- Appreciation and understanding of the following data technologies, ideally with hands-on practical experience:
- Commercial or open source data analysis tools
- Big Data platforms
- Relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Business intelligence and ETL
- Data visualisation
- Ability to script and code in Python or R
- Demonstrate strong intelligence, adaptability and creativity.
- Demonstrate professionalism when dealing with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in applying data science/data analysis to the cyber security domain
- An awareness of threat intelligence and threat hunting concepts
- Pet Projects – open innovation competition to invent new products and services. Significant cash prizes and kudos to be won
- Patent support and expertise. Get your name alongside your innovations
- Flat management structure with approachable leaders in an open-plan office
- Startup feel with stability and security of an enterprise. Adoption of DevOps culture, Agile ways of working, fast paced, challenging but always fun
- Innovation culture, led by global experts including Chief Scientist Nathaniel Borenstein, inventor of the MIME protocol and first person in the world to send an email attachment
- A truly international team working together in a friendly, relaxed and open office environment
- Happy, vibrant office space with multiple breakout areas, games room, pool table, foosball and table tennis
- Work from home on Wednesdays
Along with the challenges we offer very competitive salaries, staff share purchase plan, pension, private healthcare, life cover, season ticket loan, fitness subsidy, fruitful office, breakfast & snacks daily, wine & cold beer on tap, corporate citizenship, volunteering schemes, milestone recognition, long service fully paid sabbaticals, eye care, childcare vouchers & family leave time. Career opportunities are exceptionally good and tailored to you either down the management or technical route. If interested, feel free to get in touch with me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience level of the applicant we want
Some work experience, Graduate