Industrial Light & Magic London are looking to hire two (2) Technical Support Assistants to work a gap year during their Computer Science degree. This offers the opportunity to work for a world class operator in the motion picture VFX/CGI industry.
The roles are suited to individuals who want to pursue a career in IT Support/Infrastructure/Systems or similar once their degree is completed.
- Support London based employees through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues, working on a number of open cases at one time and working through problems to completion.
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications, including VFX software such as Maya, Nuke and Photoshop
- Support existing IT staff and colleagues in day to day operations
Required Skills / Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter, even to mundane tasks
- Ability to manage time effectively and continually re-prioritise tasks when required
- Team player who will strive to maximise team/department harmony
Required Technical Skills
- Understanding of computer hardware and software packages, e.g. Linux, MacOS, Windows,
- Familiarity with MSOffice, googlemail and web browsers
- Knowledge of CG software and tools an advantage, but not essential
You Will Receive
- On the job training and on going support
- A project to undertake to dovetail with your degree
- A professional, fun, relaxed environment
- Daily fresh fruit, breakfast provided
- Ability to attend on going company events, workshops, show & tells
- The chance to work for an industry leader
- Monthly salary