The Data Analyst Intern will provide insight for various departments including our Business Development, Financial, Technology, Operations, Safety, and Maintenance teams. He/She will work with various data sources including business intelligence platforms to generate new reports for our management and leadership teams. Collaborating closely with other departments to learn their various data sets and determine their report needs. Suggest data analytic tools, diverse report methods, and algorithms to further develop an intelligence insight for stakeholders. Uses data to assist in creating, evaluating, testing, and implementing innovative technology solutions.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Gather data sets from various sources, including the field, engineering logs, pilot tests, business intelligence, and spread sheets
- Determine report needs by interacting with various department heads
- Generate and tailor weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for management
- Work with financial and technology groups to promote awareness of various gains in efficiencies, cost savings, and improved/prolonged equipment life
- Work with our IIoT Program Manager to ensure all the proper data sets are being captured
- Help assist in deployment of our new computerized maintenance management software (CMMS)
- Measure and analyze KPIs and their impacts on our goals
- Create pivot tables, compares, data cleanup, v-lookups, etc in Excel
- Create and manage data lakes and databases
Education and/or Experience
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, math, statistics or equivalent
- Must have strong computer skills with a strong knowledge in
- Additional knowledge sets may include
- Power BI, Minitab, R, Python, SQL
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and external contacts
- Detailed oriented while still being able to multitask
- Sensitive to confidential and proprietary information
- Able to learn company specific applications
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
Works in varied environments and geographical areas and sometimes, in what may be considered harsh environments. Exposure to extreme temperatures, wind, precipitation, in addition to working at heights and around chemicals may be experienced when working in the field or plant locations. She/He must be available seven days per week when on duty and is required to be reachable by telephone whenever the need arises.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.