Future Games of London is an independent studio that designs, develops and publishes Smartphone and Tablet games. Founded in September 2009, FGOL create wholly owned and original IP which by January 2018 had achieved over 517 million downloads worldwide following the success of Hungry Shark Evolution. The long-awaited Hungry Shark World, which was released May 2016 is already a smashing success with over 70 million downloads worldwide.
FGOL operate worldwide on a F2P model, via the acquisition, retention and monetization of a sustainable player base whilst insuring their satisfaction, fun and engagement with the virtual world we have built for them to share with their friends. We are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
The ideal candidate:
Future Games of London is looking for a Junior Data Analyst to grow our expanding Business Intelligence team. As a part of the team, you will help provide the studio with key data insights, visualisations and presentations regarding the performance of our mobile games, and the behaviour of our players. The ideal candidate goes beyond data analysis, and possesses an intense curiosity about what our metrics mean and how we can improve them.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally in the games industry or a similarly sophisticated customer-facing digital business.
- However, this role is also suitable to a recent graduate who meets the prerequisite skills below.
- Training can be provided, providing the Junior Data Analyst with the key technical skills required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Create and deliver recurring performance reports internally and to Ubisoft Mobile HQ.
- You will be asked to create graphs and presentations from raw data on an ad-hoc basis.
- Undertake data analysis tasks under the supervision of another Data Analyst.
- In particular, you will work very closely with the marketing team and game design team, helping them understand the gameplay behaviour of our players.
- You will help maintain existing data visualisation dashboards, monitor AB tests and the general performance of the game.
- Solve ad-hoc problems as identified by management and other stakeholders
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability.
- An interest in games
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Comfortable with turning raw data into understandable insights.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions.
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting results and analysis so they are clear and unambiguous to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology, Statistics or a related quantitative field is preferred.
- SQL: The ability to write basic SQL queries to analyse our database. SQL training can be provided.
- Data visualisation: The ability to translate data into clear, understandable charts, ideally with Tableau. Tableau training can be provided.
- Statistics: Familiarity with core statistical functions, including regression, correlation, and significance testing is preferred.
- Flexible office working hours
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 UK Bank holiday + Christmas company day(s) off
- 1 day off if you get married (Wedding Day)
- Sick pay
- Fresh fruit selection delivered 3 times a week, Free monthly breakfasts, Team Lunches
- Beer fridge & Selected wines + other beverages
- Weekly Football, Snooker table, ping pong tournaments, poker nights, Office events, social gatherings, Fun Games room
- Birthday Cakes/Cards
- Summer & Christmas parties, Roof terrace area
- Training Budgets
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare, Reduced gym membership, life insurance, critical illness & Disability cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan (for tube/rail costs), Annual mobile phone/tablet allowance
- Recruitment Referral Fee awards