Utility Warehouse may be a FTSE 250 Company with over 600,000 customers, but at heart we still see ourselves as an entrepreneurial challenger with a strong family feel! We stand out as the UK’s only fully integrated provider of a wide range of competitively priced essential services, spanning telephony (landline, broadband and mobile), energy (gas and electricity), and more recently, Home Insurance.
We’ve grown purely by ‘word of mouth’ recommendation from our network of around 40,000 Independent Distributors across the country recommending our services.
We consistently win Which? Awards on the services we provide and we’re committed to continue delivering that same great service and value for which our customers love us.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Test Analyst to support the Energy Programmes team in delivering fully tested and assured systems and processes to the UW energy department and customers. You’ll need to help define and execute test plans on multiple environments and systems, define and deliver success criteria, and drive defect resolution with each party in the end to end system, including; our technology team, our DCC Gateway Provider, Smart DCC, and other relevant third-party service providers.
This role reports into the Energy Programmes team and will initially focus on supporting our 2nd generation Smart Meter implementation projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsibility for day to day ownership and completion of integration and regression testing for assigned projects.
- Creation of test plans, including defining success criteria and completion timescales, ensuring these are aligned to overall programme delivery.
- Push through triage and defect resolution to ensure testing progresses in a smooth and timely fashion.
- Coordinate End to End testing logistics, forming strong and beneficial relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support testing governance and administration, taking responsibility for testing deliverables such as daily calls, test dashboards and summary reports, defect logs, traceability and progress reporting.
- Always be looking to innovate and improve the way testing is conducted, including recommendation of alternative tools, solutions and methods.
- Liaising with Energy Project Managers and the Technology team to communicate progress and notify of issues.
You will need to be an experienced Test Analyst and be able to demonstrate technical skills and aptitude, have a passion for getting to the root cause of issues, and the drive to find solutions. We are looking for someone with solid experience of integration and testing projects.
- Knowledge of testing best practices, with an ability to apply appropriate standards, methods, tools and approaches on a project.
- The ability to work with and coordinate key stakeholders and third parties to achieve positive testing outcomes.
Other desirable experience/qualifications:
- Understanding of UK energy market.
- Understanding of UK Smart Metering ecosystem and supplier testing obligations with Smart DCC.
- Domain knowledge of energy supplier flows and business processes.
- Familiarity with key industry technical documentation, including; SMETS/SMETS2, GBCS, DUGIDS & DUIS.
- ISEB, ISTQB or equivalent certification.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence.
At Utility Warehouse we're committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected.