SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects, and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program, learn about the radio world, and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM is looking for a usability research intern to join the user experience team. As a user experience intern, you will work alongside designers and researchers to help refine and optimize SiriusXM's products across their many incarnations. The work you do will help ensure that end users have an intuitive and seamless experience using SiriusXM, adding value to the service for over 33 million subscribers. You'll also get a first-hand look at and the opportunity to influence some of our emerging technologies, future services, and partnership projects that have yet to be announced.
This position is dynamic and fast-paced, requiring the ability to both communicate clearly and to respond quickly to changes in requirements and/or schedules. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a cooperative manner with many different internal teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with designers, engineers, program managers, product directors, and other stakeholders to understand user behaviors and opinions surrounding product features.
- Assist in development of testing plans, moderator guides, data collection, data analyses, insight organization, and reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Process and organize research artifacts for team members to review and reference.
- Participate in ideation sessions for future product feature and help build personas, scenarios, and/or storyboards when needed.
- The candidate should be pursuing an undergraduate degree in experimental science. Focuses in psychology, sociology, anthropology, human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive science, or ergonomics preferred.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience related to human subject research, research methodology, and/or research design preferred.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Some knowledge of design software, statistical programs, video editing, and/or Unity a plus.
- CITI certification a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.