SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the radio world and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
We're looking for a data scientist intern to join our data AI team to work on providing our customers with a better experience by using machine learning methods to deliver intelligent recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and implement the latest machine learning methods with NLP
- Assist with segmenting content into significant pieces to be recommended to customers based on their personal profiles and search queries.
- In pursuit of a computer science degree or related field.
- Knowledgeable of popular machine learning methods including neural networks.
- Is familiar with mathematics and can translate equations to code.
- Can demonstrate basic programming skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be enrolled as a student in a college, university or trade school at the time of applying and interning. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized..
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Ability to create professional grade documentation of technical research.
- Basic experience with programming in Python, R, Scala or Java.
- Experience with some type of visual graphing framework.
- Knowledge of search and content recommendation strategies is a plus.
- Jupyter Notebook experience is a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.