At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Movies Anywhere Data Engineering Team seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product, enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges, and are excited about building and optimizing a new data systems.
With the Movies Anywhere Data Engineering team, this intern will be expected to:
- Work with team members to build and optimize data pipeline
- Work with team members to build and optimize data supporting platforms.
- Learn from and work with other members of the team in developing data-lake, data-warehouse, and data-marts data models.
- Collaborate and learn from other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Build and expand upon existing knowledge of languages, tools, devices, applications, and the environments
- Work on various defect fixes / enhancements to improve overall productivity.
- Work with an Agile team to deliver product interactively
- Attend stand up, planning, sizing, and retrospective sessions
Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Strong understanding of fundamental Work on various defect fixes / enhancements to improve overall productivity.
- Knowledge in REST APIs
- Solid communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to function well within a diverse team
- Experience in Python, Scala, Java or Go-Lang
- Junior or Senior Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.