The Woodlands, TX - Talen Energy Corporation is seeking an Information Technology Intern for the summer of 2019. Please see below for applicable job duties and minimum qualifications for consideration! EOE M/F/D/V
- Act as part of Talen Energy Data Science Summer internship program, perform following duties:
- Gather users’ requirements specific to a data related problem to solve
- Perform data collection, check data for errors and incompleteness
- Run basic statistical analysis on data to find patterns and trends
- Build graphs to present initial data analysis results and findings
- Load data into a relational database
- Load data into R or Python to programmatically run data analysis
- Generate graphical representation of data using graph building libraries in R or Python
- Document steps taken in data analysis and relative activities
- Present final findings with team
- Must be enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate in a Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field of study.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
- Must be enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours). Students may not continue as an Intern/Co-operative Associate once they have graduated.
- Must possess an acceptable overall (cumulative) grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
- General technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to research issues independently.
- Ability to work closely with end users to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple diverse support items simultaneously.
- Excellent follow-up skills.