At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The Global Entity Management Team sits within Legal Services, KPMG Tax. Its establishment flows naturally from KPMG’s long history of successfully delivering multidisciplinary services to clients. Its vision is to be the corporate secretarial adviser of choice for KPMG’s clients in relation to compliance and governance matters. KPMG is now regulated by the SRA as a multi-disciplinary practice.
Over the next few years, this team will grow and Legal Services as a whole will expand into other areas of law that fit within its vision and the needs of KPMG’s clients.
KPMG Legal Services is for people who are:
- Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally
- People with a passion for a career within the field of company secretarial/international projects
- Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work.
- Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients.
- Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally.
- Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment.
Why you might want to join KPMG Global Entity Management:
- You want to develop your project management capabilities within an international environment.
- You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team.
- You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by a corporate secretarial team in a leading global professional services firm.
- You are excited by the idea of being a member of a team that will grow significantly.
- You want to broaden your experience and become a well-rounded professional.
- You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
What the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Managing a portfolio of international clients in relation to our Core Annual Service, under the supervision of senior team members
- Acting as relationship manager for your portfolio of clients, including regular communications, hosting update calls/meetings and obtaining/reviewing feedback for improvement in services
- Managing compliance diaries to ensure services are being delivered in an efficient and timely manner
- Liaising with, and directing, our international network firms to ensure delivery of our services to required standards for our clients
- Assisting with administrative tasks, including maintenance of our specialist software, managing client on-boarding procedures, financial reporting, etc.
- Ensure strong working relationships, both with clients and colleagues alike
Education and qualifications:
- The applicant will have achieved a 2:1 or higher degree qualification in a relevant degree discipline, such as Accounting, Business or Law.
- In addition, the applicant may have achieved a project management qualification (such as PRINCE 2), although this is not a requirement.
Skills and Experience Required:
- The applicant will have good working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The applicant will preferably have experience within an office environment.
- The applicant will preferably have experience of coordinating small projects.
- The applicant may have experience dealing with matters across multiple jurisdictions.
- Strong organisational, attention to detail and personal skills are essential.