We are currently seeking a Review Operations Assistant to join the team in London!
The role will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about the rapidly changing environment in scientific publishing from an insider’s perspective and be initiated to the operations of academic journals.
Under the supervision of the Review Operations Team Lead and working closely with other editorial staff, the selected candidate will be given responsibilities and hands-on experience focusing on ensuring a timely review process for all manuscripts submitted to Frontiers by supporting the external academic editors and monitoring adherence to guidelines and policies.
- Works in a dedicated journal inbox, responding to queries, labelling and forwarding emails as needed.
- Responds to basic (level 1&2) queries related to the review process from editors/reviewers/authors.
- Escalates to specialists and team leads to resolve conflicts of interest, ethical approval, delays, conflicts and extension requests.
- Carries out structured quality control checks to ensure rigorous peer review with no conflicts of interest.
- Liaises with authors, reviewers and editors to improve processes and education, and assure timely, fair and thorough peer review.
- Learns about all aspects of scholarly publishing and peer review process.
- Reports to Review Operations Team Lead.
- A positive, professional attitude, the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information, and to prioritize and react effectively to urgent situations;
- Target and customer oriented with a pro-active and resilient personality;
- Flawless communication in written and spoken English, and professional and courteous telephone manner;
- Must possess at least a BSc degree ideally related to Bioengineering or Biotechnology