The JC Bose fellowship is awarded to active scientists in recognition for their outstanding performance. The fellowship is scientist-specific and very selective.
- Should be an active scientist with a record of outstanding performance apparent from the award of SS Bhatnagar prize and/or fellowship of science academies (including engineering, agriculture and medicine).
- The scientist should be in service at the time of nomination to this fellowship.
- The nominee should be an Indian national working in institutions/Universities in India.
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for five years. In case, the fellow superannuates during the term of the fellowship, the fellowship can be continued if a host institution is willing to host the fellowship
- The tenure of the fellowship may be extended for subsequent term of 5 years based on rigorous assessment of research performance during the tenure of the fellowship. A minimum of 25% of the applicants seeking extension will not be granted extension.
- The fellowship can be availed up to 68 years of age.
Nature of Support
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- Research grant of Rs. 15.00 lakh per annum.
- Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum to the host institute.
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions; JC Bose Fellows and Presidents of National science academies.
- The nominations are received throughout the year.
Selection of JC Bose Fellows will be made periodically (normally twice a year) by a Search-cum-Selection Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship scheme
Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
Contact person Details:
The contact details of Programme Officers are given below:
Dr. Pravakar Mohanty, Scientist 'C'
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall,Plot No. A, Community Centre,
Sector-5, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj