Amgen’s 10 – 13 week internship program offers meaningful project experiences that impact patient’s lives. This internship provides the opportunity for executive and social networking events and to participate in community volunteer projects while providing a competitive compensation.
Relocation in the form of a miscellaneous allowance will be provided for eligible candidates.
Amgen’s Information System (IS) Department at our Thousand Oaks headquarters is looking for students with outstanding academic records and demonstrated leadership capabilities. An internship in Amgen's IS Department is a hands-on learning experience under the guidance of an IS Manager. Interns are matched to meaningful and challenging projects. Amgen's IS groups support over 19,000 users worldwide.
The scope of the internship position includes the following:
- Support the development, marketing, and implementation of IS’ talent brand
- Solicit and incorporate feedback on IS talent focused marketing materials
- Perform research on biotechnology and tech industry marketing best practices
- Summarize industry news as it relates to talent marketing for updates to project team
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an undergraduate internship or an undergraduate co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s or Combined Bachelor's/Master's degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Life Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Marketing, or Finance
- Ability to thrive in a high-performance culture
- Right mix of energy and accomplishments
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, decision making and organizational skills
- Ability to apply research findings, gather information, interpret and analyze results, develop and implement a logical and strategic plan of action
- Ability to make supportable recommendations to help achieve department goals
- Strong project management skills, proficiency in logistic planning from beginning to end, priority setting, timely delivery of results, and multi-tasking
- Ability to think critically, proactively anticipate problems and propose solutions and to work effectively/collaboratively across teams, levels of management, across partnerships, leverage contact network to motivate diverse teams, and enable cross-functional collaborations
- Ability to work independently and with ambiguity
- Strong computer skills; strong technical use of Microsoft Suite
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.