IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
The role of the IT Lab Project Manager is to orchestrate seamless, profitable delivery of projects to IT Lab’s clients. The right person will thrive on organising activities and communicating goals, objectives and results between IT Lab functional teams and the customer. The IT Lab Project Manager will coordinate the overall schedule of work across multiple projects - ensuring that the right skills are assigned to the right tasks at the right time – and will take an active role in the delivery of larger or higher risk projects that require multiple resources and diverse skill sets.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Champion excellent project communications between IT Lab and its customers
- Ensure effective utilisation of project team skills and availability
- Develop and maintain standard project templates, checklists and task libraries
- Lead, attend, manage the usual internal and external meetings with all stakeholders
- Be a self-starter, managing your own time and availability effectively
- Improving pre and post sales documentation on a continuous basis
- Promote timely update all relevant project systems and site documentation
- Understanding what the client or company wishes to achieve from the project.
- Agree timescales, costs and resources required to carry out the project.
- Working with the IT Manager to draw up a detailed plan for each stage of the project.
- Liaising with 3rd parties and suppliers when required for completion of projects.
- Ensuring project quality standards are adhered to and maintained.
- Managing risks to avoid delays with projects
- Ensuring resources assigned to projects log their time when tasks are carried out within the project.
- Providing solutions and advice on the management of projects.
- Using the CRM to keep track of people and progress.
- Ensure that all appropriate parties are kept up to date with the progress and planning of projects.
- Booking in and planning resources required to carry out a project. Identifying what skills will be required for each stage of the project.
- Tracking customer satisfaction of completed projects through surveys and ensuring sign off is received for a project.
- Maintaining scheduled resources and ensuring appropriate resource is available to conduct project activity as required.
Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- On time/budget completion
- Project backlog
- Resource utilisation
Location and environment
This role will be based in Manchester, however you will work amongst a team split across our Cape Town, Manchester and London offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a hardworking but fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are a result oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Specific capabilities required
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with clear and precise business English
- Easily communicates technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Organised and proficient with all system tools
- Ability to analyse IT project proposals and apply logical solutions to resourcing issues
- Able to identify task skills requirements and map to appropriate roles and resources
- Can prioritise resource allocation across multiple projects based on sound reasoning
- Comfortable negotiating with both internal and client managers to resolve conflicting demands
Generic essential individual attributes
- Project Management accreditations, Prince 2 or similar
- Friendly and approachable, and enjoys working in teams
- Good listener, who is not afraid to ask when they are unsure what is required
- Systematic problem solver
- Package dependent on experience
- Office located in Swinton, Manchester
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 37.5 hours a week (9am – 5.30pm, Monday – Friday)
- Continual professional development plans