A Person who is better at statistics than any software engineer and better at software engineering than any statistician." - Josh Wills. The focus of our data science team is to work on data applications that would have an immediate and massive impact on the business; this could be done through our hacking skills, math & statistics knowledge, and substantive expertise.
- Analyze and hacks large, complex, and incomplete internal or external data into data product.
- Do analytics for both humans, by telling stories through visualizing statistical inference, and machine, with doing machine learning against big data.
- Pulling data out of MySQL databases, becoming a master at Excel pivot tables, and producing basic data visualizations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Math, Physics.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a similar position as Data Scientist or Machine Learning Specialist
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and analytical thinking.
- Familiar with data structures and algorithms, Python or R language, SQL based database, and Hadoop framework.
- Familiar with NLP/IP
- Familiar with statistics or machine learning.
- Good in data visualizations and communications.
- An ability and eagerness to constantly learn and teach others.
- Have a passion with big data science.