£8.50 per hour
Bank Worker (ad-hoc hours)
Equilibrium Healthcare is currently looking for enthusiastic Occupational Therapy Assistants to join our experienced multidisciplinary teams at our Manchester based hospital and care homes.
In order to provide high quality care at all times, we are looking to recruit a team of enthusiastic Occupational Therapy Assistants to provide ad hoc cover on a “bank worker” basis within the Occupational Therapy team and ensure continuity of OT input for those we support.
The successful candidate will work across our care home and hospital sites, alongside existing team members. The main purpose of your role will be the provision of a flexible, client-centred, programme of therapeutic activities and interventions under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist. This will include the delivery of iinterventions which meet OT treatment needs using skilled technical/creative techniques, for example:
- Living skills e.g. meal planning, cooking, budgeting, health education.
- Social skills e.g. discussion groups, communication groups, orientation to the community.
- Creative therapies e.g. art, pottery, craft, music, photography, woodwork, gardening.
- Education e.g. literacy, numeracy, information technology.
- Cognitive skills e.g. concentration groups, problem solving, relaxation, managing anxiety.
- Recreation/leisure activities, promoting the use of community facilities, hobbies/interests, gardening, work skills.
- Health and fitness activities e.g. gym, sports and fitness activities, indoor and outdoor, both on the unit and in the community.
The services to be covered include:
- Jigsaw Hospital, located in Didsbury, South Manchester, offers an in-patient rehabilitation service for males and females with enduring mental illness and/or learning disability
- Moston Grange Care Home located in Newton Heath, Manchester provides care for adults primarily with a diagnosis of dementia.
- Oakland House Care Home in Longsight, Manchester offers a service for adults with enduring mental illness.
What we can offer:
- Support, training and development
- Paid breaks
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training and development
For further information, please contact Natalie Noble on 0161 4481851:
Closing Date: 07/06/2019
We look forward to hearing from you!