As a part of the Comcast Technology Internship Program, you will have an opportunity to work on innovative, thought-provoking projects alongside a team of supportive, full-time employees. The 11-week, summer program will also provide you with a chance to gain new technical and professional development skills, participate in a wide range of mentorship and networking opportunities and have a lot of fun along the way!
Your experience will include:
- Engagement: Opportunities to cultivating meaningful relationships, working side by side with innovative and talent Comcast employees on impactful projects.
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development sessions and networking opportunities, giving you an opportunity to develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Department and Position Overview:
FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any devices from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV. FreeWheel's New York Engineering Team is part of a global engineering group that is building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar orders, handle billions of daily requests, and process terabytes of raw daily data.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
This role will work closely with our Product, Engineering and Operations teams across New York, California, Beijing, and Europe teams. You will work with our Senior Manager of Global Engineering to help develop and deploy software with a particular focus on tools and automation to support technical reporting/project management. Your will take part in providing solutions for improving the quality and dependability of software and services FreeWheel produces plus the speed at which we produce it by helping improve how we work.
- Act as liaison across our Product Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to deliver release planning and internal project management
- Help with developing and delivering release status reporting (risk assessments, process adherence, etc.)
- Software development alongside metrics management
- Tracking and reporting across teams, features, and components
- Coordination with international counterparts in Europe and China
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree from a United States-based college or university
- Majors: Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Graduation date between December 2019 and May 2021, with a preference on rising seniors
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Agile SaaS development (SAFe methodology) would be a plus
- Any experience with JIRA and Agile Methodologies would be a plus
- Microsoft Office, SmartSheet, and Confluence
- Detail oriented, flexible and can work well in a global team-oriented environment
- Proven analytical, organizational, and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Current and future authorization to work in the United States of America
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer