RTI Health Solutions provides consultancy and research services to pharmaceutical and other healthcare industry clients. We are looking for a dynamic and talented Senior Evidence-Based Medicine Researcher to join our European-based Health Economics team.
As a Senior Evidence-Based Medicine Researcher you will work with an experienced team in a friendly and collaborative environment. You will perform leading-edge literature-based research to evaluate the clinical, humanistic, and/or economic value of new medicines and other healthcare products.
Our research is used by Health Technology Assessment authorities worldwide to inform their decisions about the availability, pricing, and reimbursement of new healthcare interventions. We offer the opportunity to build a rich, rewarding career, tackle new challenges, publish and present your research, and enhance the depth and diversity of your skills.
This position is an office-based position that is located in Manchester, UK.
Conduct systematic reviews and other review activity on a wide range of project types and therapeutic areas.
These may include:
Systematic reviews to support health technology assessment (HTA) submissions
Systematic reviews to inform indirect and mixed-treatment comparisons (network meta-analyses)
Reviews of clinical evidence; economic models and costs studies; quality of life studies and utilities; epidemiology; burden of-illness studies
Develop review protocols, conduct searches in medical databases, screening of search results, extract data, perform quality checks, and assess risk of bias for systematic and targeted reviews
Prepare data for and liaise with technical staff (librarians to develop search protocols, health economists for model development, statisticians for network meta-analyses, and/or with clinical consultants)
Provide internal expertise on evidence synthesis and systematic review methods
Communicate effectively (via email, telephone, and in-person) with clients and team members regarding projects and proposals
Write reports and proposals
Implement and deliver high-quality scientific projects to agreed timelines and budgets under direction of senior staff
Provide supervision and training to project staff
Continue to build scientific stature through publication in peer-reviewed journals and conference symposia
Develop conference presentations/posters and manuscripts
An undergraduate or advanced degree in biological or health sciences, health services research, health technology assessment, psychology, or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in performing systematic reviews
- Experience in conducting searches in electronic medical databases and specialized knowledge of systematic review process
- Coursework or experience in conducting searches in electronic databases and knowledge of systematic review process
- Demonstrated skills for reading, writing, and synthesizing scientific research material including evaluation and summarising of research findings, data extraction, and critical appraisal of the literature and writing research papers for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- High level of attention to detail, organisational skills and accuracy; ability to multi-task and prioritise work and be flexible depending on client deadlines
- Enthusiasm, commitment and ability, to produce consistently high-quality work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
Strong numeric skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in meta-analysis is desirable
- Experience in leading and managing projects or reviews is preferable