CHEP helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Its pallets, crates and containers form the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, CHEP created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. CHEP primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. CHEP employs approximately 11,000 people and owns approximately 300 million pallets, crates and containers through a network of more than 750 service centres, supporting more than 500,000 customer touch-points for global brands such as Procter & Gamble, Sysco, Kellogg’s and Nestlé. CHEP is part of the Brambles Group and operates in more than 55 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For more information on CHEP.
As one of four Brambles growth companies, CHEP and Brambles provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organisation with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career.
Senior Manager – Outsourced Technology Services, Continual Improvement and IT Assets
This position can be based at any of these office locations: Weybridge or Manchester, UK, or Madrid, Spain
Manages the commercial relationship between the enterprise, and the outsourced IT Service Delivery provider. Monitors performance of the outsourced provider according to defined terms and service levels within the outsourcing Agreement. Drives executive business reviews by auditing contractual compliance, soliciting feedback from users, and communicating scorecard results.
Performs cost/spend analysis to identify cost effectiveness of outsourced services. Leads (in partnership with functional tower heads) the development and implementation of outsourced provider improvement strategies and innovation.
Responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and other -related assets within the organization.
Drives development of asset optimization strategies and agrees with relevant IT Management, likely at IT Leadership Team (ITLT) level, ownership of strategy and reports on the delivery of the strategy.
Drives continual improvement for the services performance and value, resource efficiency and overall commercial measures.
- Co-manages ~$6 M (OPEX outsourced contract)
- Number of Countries: 65
- Number of Locations: 500+ Locations
- Number of Users: 9,000+
Commercial Relationship Management:
- Partners closely with Global IT Functional Tower and Outsourced Tower leads to foster governance, metrics and improvement of operational support processes and services
- Ensures internal and external teams are optimally aligned to deliver required services
- Partners with outsourcers’ Service Delivery Manager to progress the goals and objectives of the relationship
- Resolves escalated issues in accordance with dispute escalation procedures
- Manages the total contractual relationship, monitoring performance, resolving operational problems, and serving as the primary liaison between the enterprise and the IT Service Delivery provider
- Responsible for reviewing charges, credits, audit billings, and allocation of costs across the enterprise
- Responsible for quality assurance, reviewing service level agreements/key performance indicators, and evaluating service level credits due the enterprise
- Reviews price changes and amendments to the agreement
- Reviews and analyzes workload trends and variances from plan
- Addresses personnel issues related to the outsourcer
- Ensures that implementations and on-going services are delivered on time, and meet enterprise requirements by maintaining tight controls over project schedules, risks, scope of work and budget
- Reviews and revises internal and external service providers responsibilities
- Provides regular feedback and communication between the enterprise and the Service Delivery outsourcer
- Partners with outsourced provider to deliver monthly/quarterly governance reports and meetings
- Drives the continual improvement of Service Run Books across the full scope of all services
- Responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and hardware assets within the organization
- Planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts and agreed measures
- Oversight on periodic Software and Hardware audits and providing guidance to Application Owners on inventory management
- Assists in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization
- Develop, implement and manage the company technology assets administration and oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles – including commercial and financial management
- Monitors outsourcing process by conducting quality surveys and assessing service reviews
- Supports the Director of IT Service Management with Governance processes for overall service scope
- Drives process efficiency with partner organisations and within wider function
- Assists with the investigation and remediation of service disruptions to determine root cause ensuring maximum issue resolutions, as part of wider Problem Management scope
- Assists IT Finance with the allocation of outsourcing charges to different business units
- Service Level Agreements / Operating Level Agreements and other Key Performance Indicators
- Competitive Benchmarking & Procurement
- Technology Asset Management metrics
Authority/ Decision Making
- Purchasing decisions in accordance with approved levels
- Outsourced supplier management/governance
- Director - IT Service Management, Director - IT Infrastructure & Operations, Director - Global Applications, Director Global Networks, Senior Manager – Security Operations, other IT Directors, IT Business Relationship Managers (BRMs), ITLT, IT Finance & VMO, Business Leadership (as required)
- Outsourced IT Service Delivery Partner, other 3rd Party Providers
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- IT Service Delivery experience demonstrating a combination of directly managing technical teams, plus relevant technical background including deep expertise in at least two domains (e.g. hosting, storage, networks, desk-side support, service desk).
- Strong communication, planning, organization, negotiation, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of ITIL Service Management
- ITIL Expert qualification
- Previous or current technical certifications a plus
- 5+ years managing large-scale infrastructure outsourced service providers
- 5+ years hardware and software asset management
- Communicating with senior management and with multicultural teams is critical
Skills and Knowledge
- Intermediate level user and technical support skills related to Microsoft Office Suite
- ServiceNow application suite
- Advanced Budget and Financial Management
- Advanced Written and Oral Communications
Critical Competencies for Performance
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managing Courage
- Organizational Agility
- Understanding Others
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Business Acumen
We're excited you're here to learn how we'll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life's essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them.