Viome is a wellness-as-a-service company that uses advanced microbiology & biochemistry to understand your microbial and molecular functions, applies AI & ML technologies to create a high-resolution model of your individual transcriptome and metabolome, then uses modern medical science to recommend a nutrition and lifestyle regime personalized for you. Viome has a large number of rich data sources that are unmatched in its potential to provide insights. Viome has a small interdisciplinary team who are passionate about transforming the health & wellness industry for the 21st century using advanced science & technology.
We are seeking local, NYC area college students to join our Clinical Study internship program at Viome’s office in midtown Manhattan. Applicants should be able to commit to a full-time 10-week internship, 12-weeks preferred.
Over the course of this internship, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting clinical research tasks such as:
- contribute to ongoing clinical studies focused on a variety of health topics, including acne, obesity, glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) levels, and depression
- Develop, maintain, and organize instructional materials for participants to successfully complete each clinical study
- Collect, manage, and reconcile clinical data from study participants, including accurate tracking and reporting of the study data
- Complete various activities while interacting with study participants, including communications to encourage study adherence and to facilitate participation
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, clinicians, and technologists to provide feedback and improve the study
- Report back to the larger team with the study’s daily or weekly progress
Students in doctoral, master’s, and advanced bachelor’s degrees related to biology, chemistry, health, or life sciences are welcome to apply.
We’re looking for people with strong interpersonal skills and outstanding attention to detail as well as those who excel at collecting and organizing data. If you share our excitement in the potential to make a difference in everyone's health and wellness, we want to hear from you!