RTI Health Solutions provides consultancy and research services to pharmaceutical and other healthcare industry clients.
As a Decision Analytic Modeler/Research Health Economist, you will work within an experienced team in a friendly and collaborative environment. As part of our team, you will perform leading-edge literature-based research and economic modeling to evaluate the humanistic and economic value of new medicines and other healthcare products.
Our research is used by Health Technology Assessment authorities worldwide to inform their decisions about the availability, pricing, and reimbursement of new healthcare interventions. We offer the opportunity to build a rich, rewarding career, tackle new challenges, publish and present your research, and enhance the depth and diversity of your skills.
This position is an office-based position that is located in our Manchester, UK office.
- Program cost-effectiveness, budget impact, cost-of-illness, disease transmission, budget allocation, and early threshold pricing models using decision-analytic techniques such as decision trees, Markov modeling, optimization modeling, and simulation modeling with guidance from project manager
- Conduct literature reviews in a wide range of therapeutic areas. These may include systematic and targeted reviews of clinical evidence; economic models and costs studies; quality of life studies and utilities; epidemiology; and burden of-illness studies.
- Contribute to high-quality scientific projects within agreed timelines and budgets
- Perform (and develop novel approaches for) analytical and detail-oriented tasks
- Prepare high-quality drafts of proposals, technical reports, user guides, slide set presentations, and conference abstracts to be reviewed by project manager
- Communicate effectively (via email, telephone, and in-person) with clients and team members regarding projects and proposals
- Begin to build scientific stature through presentation of research findings at professional conferences
- A Master's degree in industrial engineering, operations research, mathematics, health economics, statistics, biostatistics, decision sciences, public health, health policy, health services research, or related field, or;
- Bachelor's degree in one of the aforementioned fields and a minimum of 2 years of experience in contract research or related area
- Highly successful academic record
- Demonstrated interest/background in health or the pharmaceutical industry
- Coursework or extensive experience in decision-analytic modeling, including Markov models and simulation modeling
- Extensive computer programming experience in Microsoft Excel using Visual Basic for Applications and/or other programming languages (R, Matlab, simulation packages, etc.)
- Experience conducting targeted searches of the literature to identify key data or evidence
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)