Viome is a wellness-as-a-service company that uses advanced molecular science to understand your gut microbial functions, applies AI & ML technologies to create high-resolution models of your biological ecosystem, then uses modern medical science to recommend a nutrition and lifestyle regime personalized for you. Viome has a large number of rich data sources that are unmatched in its potential to provide insights. Viome has a small interdisciplinary team who are passionate about transforming the health & wellness industry for the 21st century using advanced science & technology.
We are looking for full-time AI/ML Interns at Viome’s office in midtown Manhattan. Over the course of this internship, you could be working on exciting R&D projects such as:
- Ingesting massive datasets related to gut microbiomes, blood transcriptomes, etc. by building curation pipelines (e.g., clean, transform, re-shape, integrate, enrich, etc
- Enhancing a knowledge base containing information from experts and scientific literature from the fields of functional medicine, microbiomes, molecules, and nutrition
- Developing predictive models for specific phenotypes, or clustering populations with similar microbial & metabolic profiles using statistical machine learning algorithms
- Enhancing a recommendation engine that suggests specific diet & supplements to address each customer's chronic conditions and wellness goals
- Building the data collection infrastructure and prototypes to conduct clinical studies focused on disease detection and intervention, as well as analyzing data obtained from these studies
Students in doctoral, master’s, and advanced bachelor’s degrees related to computing or data sciences are welcome to apply. We’re looking for people with strong analytics skills as well as strong engineering skills. If you share our excitement in the potential of AI/ML to make a difference in everyone's health and wellness, we want to hear from you!