At Neurocrine Biosciences – voted one of San Diego’s top places to work in 2018 – we pride ourselves on having a strong, distinctive and positive culture based on our shared purpose and values. We know what it takes to be great, and we are as passionate about our people as we are about our purpose – to relieve patient suffering and enhance lives.
Neurocrine Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing treatments for neurological and endocrine related disorders.
The preformulation and material science intern will assist in physical characterization, solubility, stability, and other related studies to support drug development from early discovery through commercial. Will provide hands-on laboratory work as needed, as well as analytical and administrative duties. Will work closely with preformulation scientists to select and develop API forms utilizing salt/polymorph-screening along with other material characterization studies.
- Assist in maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ensure lab notebooks are accurate and in compliance with standards established for regulatory notebook submissions
- Perform hands-on preformulation and material science studies such as physical characterizations, pKa and logP determination, solubility, stability, and polymorph screens under supervision
- Prepare buffers, mobile phase, vehicles, and other reagents
- Organize and document data into reports via Microsoft Excel and Word
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA in Chemistry, Material Science, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited college/university
- Completion of 2 or more upper division laboratory courses (Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Physical Chemistry preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize multiple projects and duties at once
- Previous job experience preferred
- Experience with HPLC, DSC, TGA, PXRD, or microscopy a plus
- Ability to commit to a 10 to 12-week full-time summer program
Neurocrine Biosciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.