Launched in 2014 and based in New York, Clearpool Group, Inc. delivers holistic electronic trading solutions and provides independent agency broker-dealer services.
Clearpool’s Algorithmic Management System (AMS) is transforming electronic trading with a fully customizable suite of algorithmic trading tools, offering total visibility and control from strategy to execution. We’re passionate about working together to make the markets more transparent and helping our clients effectively source liquidity and achieve best ex.
Adept intern sought for quantitative data analysis and technology projects involving equity market microstructure. Clearpool's summer internship runs from the first week of June, 2019, through mid August, 2019.
Perform quantitative research, analysis and development on Clearpool Group’s electronic trading systems
Develop research plans and document outcomes in reports and presentations
Contribute to our robust software using good design principles and following practices like continuous integration
Ensure data integrity and construct robust validations on new and existing data sets
Derive insights from new and existing data sets, using core statistical techniques and knowledge of US equity market structure
Projects to include: Analysis of Dark Pool trading patterns, validation of exchange and market data, sourcing of new market data, reconciliation of internal data
- Student in, or recent graduate of, an advanced degree program in a quantitative field including Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science and related fields
- Solid object oriented design and programming skills, with knowledge of using efficient data structures
- Working knowledge of Java a plus, familiarity with Java a must
- Good statistical foundation, ideally with coursework in classical techniques including linear regression, causal inference, time series, and cross sectional modelling
- Familiarity with numerical computing tools including Excel, R and Python, and with data visualization tools
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated interest in electronic trading appreciated: Let us know, why do you want to work in our industry?
More about Clearpool
Clearpool’s advanced algorithmic and execution management systems empower market participants to achieve better quality executions in an evolving equity market microstructure and competitive landscape.
Our perspective is unique. We understand how the market arrived at where it is today. We have decades of experience in trading, market microstructure, and electronic trading technologies specifically.
We continue to innovate with advancements in technology, whereas less agile players have been forced to maintain legacy technologies built upon antiquated infrastructure.
Our solutions are designed to democratize electronic trading through transparency, trust, and control. We make our clients more productive and put them in control of their outcomes, while helping them achieve better quality executions.
Our Mission: To create advanced trading technologies and deliver the highest quality of service to our partners by providing them with the tools and insights to effectively collaborate and manage a customized, transparent and unbiased offering to attain better quality executions.
You love technology. We love technology & finance. Want to create some Fin-Tech together?
We are on a mission to create advanced trading technologies and deliver the highest quality of service to our partners. We work hard, we laugh a lot, we learn from each other, we challenge each other and we agree to disagree. But at the end of the close we know we’ve done our best to make the markets more transparent, effectively sourced liquidity for our clients, and helped them achieve the best execution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.