Forget spending your summer internship making coffee runs for your boss--our interns work with our amazing staff to help consumers make smarter choices--whether it’s the big stuff (student loan debt anyone?) or everyday choices at the supermarket. Spend the summer developing skills that will serve your career goals while engaging in work that promotes facts, science, and smart public policy.
As a Consumer Reports intern, you’ll stand with us as we stand alongside consumers. You’ll work with us as we empower consumers with the knowledge they need to make free, informed, confident choices in the face of a complex marketplace. It’s important work and it’s been our thing for more than 80 years.
To get this work done, we are an independent (we take no ads!), nonprofit, social enterprise dedicated to celebrating and supporting our driven and diverse team. We look forward to having you join us in our mission to create a fairer, safer, and healthier world for all consumers.
The fine print:
- Internships are available to current full-time undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year or graduate students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The program runs from June 3 2019 through August 16, 2019, with some flexibility to accommodate school schedules
- This is a paid internship, based on an hourly rate
- Internships are on-premises; we can not consider requests for remote positions
- We cannot pay any relocation or housing allowance
- Please specify in your application if you are seeking, and your school offers, academic credit for internships. Include the contact information for your academic Institution representative
- Internships are filled on a rolling basis. It is suggested that you apply as soon as possible
- Consumer Reports interns are considered trainees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1973
- A fully-equipped gym with classes and wellness programs
- A subsidized café, open for breakfast and lunch with options ranging from grain bowls to bacon cheeseburgers
- A half-basketball court for after work pick-up games
- We provide, on a first-come, first serve basis, free shuttle service from locations on West 96th Street (Manhattan) and 242nd Street (Bronx).
- Currently enrolled in a graphic arts, communication, or digital design program, with an interest in print or digital design
- Skilled in Adobe CC Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Invision, Principle
- Excellent organizational skills
- A plus if you have experience with the following: photo researching, creating infographics, designing for tablet, working in K4, mobile app development
- Please provide a link to your online portfolio
How you’ll be helping to make a difference:
- Assist with print layout and design
- Maintain print layout wall
- Print art production
- Website prototype project work
- Website graphic & spec production
- Conduct photo research
- Photoshop & Illustrator work including infographics