Connecting the World Through Innovation:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
Does this look like your ideal Internship?
Join our team and get involved in the design of satellite communications services! Whether it is to extend cellular networks into remote areas, broadcast major events or provide in-flight connectivity, we develop robust solutions that involve both our satellite fleet and our global terrestrial network. Take the chance to learn the principles behind satellite communications in real life applications, working hand in hand with experienced engineers involved on projects deployed worldwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Cool stuff you’ll be able to do:
- You will shadow an engineer in the Customer Sales Engineering team, learning about the principles that drive commercial solutions and gaining awareness about industry stakeholders.
- You will be exposed to some of the tools that our team uses daily and are expected to be able to support basic analysis under the supervision of his/her assigned engineer.
You should definitely have:
- Part-time or full-time students who are enrolled in an electrical or telecommunication engineering or IT undergraduate program at an accredited college or university and have at least completed their first year
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in an electrical or telecommunication engineering or IT graduate program at an accredited college or university
- May 2019 electrical or telecommunication engineering or IT graduate (Summer Interns Only)
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite
- Grade B or above preferred
But it would be nice if you had:
- Students or graduates in Telecommunications Engineering/Electrical Engineering
- Any specialization/course on satellite communications is a plus, but not essential.
What it’s like to work with us:
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- We are customer focused and collaborative
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.