This position will be a core member of IHS Markit’s Oil & Gas Technology team as it seeks to expand the scope and depth of its research offerings. Working closely with members of the team as well as IHS Markit’s broader Upstream and other Energy segment groups, the successful candidate will provide experience and leadership in the following areas:
- Developing thought leadership related to the application of emerging technology across the energy value chain and other industrial sectors
- Bringing a more quantitative and analytical approach to the study of how technology development is taking place and how innovation is performed across the upstream sector
- Organizing, delivering, and continuously identifying new ways to feature the technology & innovation agenda of CERAWeek, making it the “must attend” event for energy technology executives, entrepreneurs, and investors
Specific Job Duties:
- Build and maintain industry databases of upstream technology development and application activities through primary research, industry interviews, and analytical techniques. Analyze resulting data resources to develop industry-level insights and produce regular reports. – 40%
- Work with the Upstream Technology group and other energy and industrial research groups to produce reports and analysis on technology and broader innovation topics of timely and strategic interest to IHS Markit clients – 20%
- Support the programming of the technology and broader innovation agenda for IHS Markit’s CERAWeek conference (including the Innovation Agora) and related global events, to include brainstorming session topics, identifying relevant internal and external speakers to participate and preparing them for their roles, and helping to deliver the sessions – 20%
- Contribute to relevant consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working either individually or under the direction of a consulting project leader, providing subject matter expertise in areas of assigned disciplines to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects – 10%
- Respond to client questions relating to technology and innovation themes and related subjects by quickly identifying the appropriate go-to Research or Consulting Colleagues; utilize resources and judgment to address questions and/or refer questions to senior level staff in a timely manner to provide customer delight in situations of one-on-one client needs – 10%
Bachelor's or higher degree in engineering, physical sciences, computer science, or similar related fields required; graduate degree preferred.
Minimum 5 years of direct experience working in the Oil & Gas, Power, or related energy fields with an operator, and/or operationally-oriented management consultant. The successful candidate will have been actively involved in the technology development and delivery process and exposed to the latest trends around emerging technology trends.
- Requires highly effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable effective/productive communications with key people including senior level clients
- Proficiency with business analytics platforms (Power BI, Spotfire)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively either individually or in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization
- Requires a keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated relationship management skills are essential, including the ability to relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally, and to form strong relationships with key decision makers
- This position may be required to travel on a moderate basis – up to 20%; for meetings and projects held in client offices, events, round tables and other business related needs.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace.