Research is a critical component for the development and advancement in the life science community. We want to further scientific achievement by helping students who are interested in developing a career in science.
The Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program is awarded to students pursuing a degree in a science related field twice a year. A $1500 (or international currency equivalent) scholarship will be awarded to one student for the fall and spring semesters.
Submit your application materials by July 20, 2018 11:59 p.m. MST. to be considered!
How to apply
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Submit a transcript of all college/post-secondary coursework (if high school student submit high school transcript).
- Submit a written statement addressing the following topics:
- Submit a 140 character statement/tweet on what your favorite scientific discovery is and why.
- Write a personal statement of 500 words or less on how you plan to use your degree to further advance science in your field of interest.
Selection and notification process
- Applicants must have a major declared in a science related field.
- Open worldwide.
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment (baccalaureate, graduate, associate degree, or diploma) with a declared major in a science related field.
- Deadline for this application is July 20, 2018 11:59 p.m. MST.
- Finalist will be notified by August 3, 2018
- Please submit your application by July 20, 2018 to be considered for the Fall 2018 Novus Biologicals Scholarship.
- Do my transcripts need to be official?
- No, they can be unofficial or official.
- I am a high school student and am still awaiting on admission to a university. Can I still apply?
- If selected we apply the funds directly to the university listed in the application. If you cannot provide one by the application deadline we recommend that you apply for next semester’s scholarship.
- I am a college freshman and I haven't received my grades yet. What transcript should I provide?
- You can submit your high school transcripts.
- What are the requirements for the written statements?
- The personal statement is 500 words or less on how you plan to use your degree.
- Is this scholarship open worldwide?
- Yes, this scholarship is open worldwide.
- I am not sure if my major will qualify. What majors are eligible?
- All science related majors are eligible (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Engineering etc.).
- Will you send me a check if I am selected as the winner?
- No. We send a check directly to the university that you have listed in the application. Most require a student ID for us to send a check, so we may ask for this later.
- Can the money be used towards room/board and personal expenses?
- We send the check directly to the university listed in the application to disperse the check.
- I have a degree. Can I apply for the scholarship?
- You must be currently enrolled/accepted at a university to apply. We send the funds directly to the university listed in the application if selected.
- Do you require any English certifications to apply for the scholarship?
- My payment for school is coming up. Can you let me know if I have been selected before the deadline?
- Unfortunately no. We will consider all applications submitted by the deadline and announce the winner after that.
- What universities does this scholarship apply towards and what fields can I study?
- This scholarship is open worldwide for people seeking a science related degree. The student will need to be currently enrolled/accepted at a university to apply.
- I don’t have a declared major. Can I still apply for this scholarship?
- Yes, as part of the written statement you can explain what you plan to do in the future with your degree to advance science.
- Will you help me get to the United States?
- Unfortunately no, we only offer the scholarship. If selected all funds are sent directly to the university listed in the application.
- Is there a GPA requirement?