We are currently seeking to recruit a Laboratory Technician within our Group Central Laboratory at our Kingsbury factory. The job will involve carrying out appropriate laboratory testing of raw materials and products on a company-wide basis in a timely and efficient manner.
Accuracy and detail are an integral part of the role and a methodical and organised approach to specific tasks is essential. Prior experience in a Laboratory is not essential to this role however, attitude and enthusiasm are central to the recruitment of this person.
- To assist in the smooth running of the Wienerberger Laboratory.
- To liaise with Works staff in the development of raw material testing and identification of problem areas requiring project work.
- To maintain clear and accurate records and ensure appropriate and timely communication of results.To investigate raw material sourcing opportunities (including MARSS) and carry out feasibility testing as appropriate, including external site visits and evaluation as necessary.
- To assist with workplace monitoring in line with the company's Environmental management programme.
- Ensure consistency of sampling and testing as appropriate to the requisite standards as a minimum, but also in order to achieve improvements to both products and systems.
Skills & Experience:
- A-level qualified or equivalent, preferably in a science related subject.
- IT literate, competent in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be useful but not essential.
- Accuracy and detail are an integral part of the role and a methodical and organised approach to specific tasks is essential.
- Previous ceramic experience is desirable.
No direct experience in a laboratory environment is required; however, you must be prepared to carry out any training that the company deems necessary to enable the role to be carried out effectively.