- Support novel high throughput microbial isolation, identification and in vitro characterization work.
- Prepare and maintain bacterial (anaerobe and aerobe) and fungal cultures.
- Support microbial genomics and strain engineering pipeline.
- Develop and conduct various phenotypic assays to evaluate microbial performance
- Troubleshoot and assist protocols development, and proactively find ways to increase efficiency and automate processes as applicable
- Keep abreast of scientific literature in the field and implement novel modalities and protocols.
- Provide expertise in evaluation of new platform technologies.
- Proactively search for novel technologies or product opportunities and establish collaborations and research programs to deliver innovative technical solutions.
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant scientific discipline like (Molecular Biology, Microbiology, cellular biology or biochemistry).
- 2 years of experience working on R&D projects in academia or animal health industries
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- High personal ethical and quality standards.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Proven project leadership skills
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge of molecular biology techniques related to strain engineering and development, expression and display platforms
Experience level of the applicant we want
Some work experience, Graduate