The passion, creativity and determination of our talented staff make McLaren Engineering Group one of the top engineering firms in the country. We offer our employees a creative work environment with a dynamic culture and competitive benefits. Our collaborative, innovative atmosphere brings numerous opportunities for professional growth.
We have an immediate opening for a Junior Engineer for the Marine Division of our Woodcliff Lake, NJ office location.
Under the guidance of Professional Engineers, the principal function of this position is to be part of a team that performs analysis and design of marine structures such as piers, wharves, bulkheads, floating docks, wave screens, and ferry terminals. The Engineer will assist team members in the planning, execution, and deliverable phases of a project, as required.
Typical duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates capacity of existing marine structures.
- Prepares repair and rehabilitation for deteriorated elements.
- Designs new marine structures using structural and geotechnical engineering principles as well as the latest codes and standards.
- Designs piles and bulkheads for axial and lateral loads.
- Performs structural analysis and design of piles, caps, decks, and fender systems using steel, concrete, timber, and composite elements.
- Conduct site investigations as part of an inspection team.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Engineering Group.
- Analyze deteriorated components, assess remaining capacities.
- Help solve engineering problems and challenges.
- Partner with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects.
- Help prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers.
- Help prepare standard documents, such as technical specifications.
- Help prepare engineering reports and other technical documents.
- Observe construction activities on project sites and identify non-conformance activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 0-3 years previous related experience.
- BS degree or higher in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering. MS Preferred.
- EIT registration or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Experience using engineering software such as MathCAD, SAP2000, RISA, and L-Pile.
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Familiarity with sound engineering and safe work principles preferred.