Millennium Engineering and Integration (Millennium) is searching for candidates for a Quality Engineer. The position supports the Space and Missile Systems Center Launch Enterprise Directorate (SMC/LE) at Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA. The candidate will support the certification of New Entrant Launch Service Providers.
DUTIES & DESCRIPTION:
- Develop, conduct, and assess results of audits of flight critical item manufacture and processes per applicable military and industry/commercial quality standards such as AS9100D and SMC-S-003(T)
- Document these results/findings for government review and concurrence, in accordance with Manufacturing and Quality industry standards
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineer Lead, System Engineers, and Project Engineers to develop and conduct process audits, identify and track risks and risk mitigation plans
- Communicate activities across Quality Engineering team in multiple CONUS locations.
- Other activities as directed
- BA/BS degree in quality systems, engineering, physical sciences, or math; will consider higher education in lieu of experience and more experience in lieu of education.
- 10 years of experience involving producibility or manufacture of complex products; application of modern quality principles and methods including: quality management system standards, product and process controls, measurement and test, audits, statistical applications, corrective and preventive actions, and lean manufacturing.
- Experience with the manufacture and/or quality processes for space and launch systems
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience with MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizenship
Active Secret Clearance Preferred
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.