- The Environmental Representative is the on-site point-of-contact responsible for supporting environmental compliance efforts with support of the Manager. The following duties will also be assigned:
- Conducting annual hazardous waste handler, storm water, and other training as developed by the program manager.
- Completing and documenting environmental regulatory audits to include hazardous waste and storm water best management practice inspections, as applicable.
- Monitor and ensure conditions of environmental permits and programs are executed on-time, including partnering with internal and external partners to obtain necessary information.
- Partner with scheduling team to schedule classes, as required, based on Learner Needs Report.
- Conduct instructor lead training.
- Ensure rosters are recorded.
- Review training collateral annually and update as necessary.
- Conduct and document weekly hazardous waste inspections.
- Ensure storm water BMP inspections are executed by contractors, as required.
- Ensure any deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner and that corrections are documented.
- Maintain all inspection documentation.
Program and permit maintenance:
- Ensure hazardous, universal, and medical waste shipments are executed on-time by preparing shipping inventories, coordinating with hazardous waste contractor, and signing hazardous waste manifests after approved by Manager.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure environmental sampling, inspections, logs, and reports are completed and filed, as required.
- Ensure all shipping documents are maintained, as required.
- Partner with lines-of-business to update HEPCRA inventory.
- Conduct periodic walk-throughs with key lines-of-business to understand any changes in operations and potential environmental impacts.
- Ensure Disney standards and help support all Environmental Affairs operations.
- Maintain relationships; work well with other groups.
- Flexible and able to prioritize work based on need.
- Work as a team player and meet team goals.
- Be a self-starter.
- Oversee various program elements to ensure compliance timelines are met.
- Ensure documentation is maintained and accessible.
Communication Skills and Abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate with management and front line cast members from various lines-of-business.
- Excellent computer skills to access and input data into various tracking reports.
- Frequently walking and standing
- Occasionally pushing and pulling up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally bending/twisting of the head or neck, frequently bending/twisting at the waist, frequent kneeling
- Constantly using hands to perform work, including use of computer and moving/turning containers to view labels
- Working indoors and outside in ambient weather. Working in both Backstage and On Stage locations.
- Frequently wearing personal protective equipment to accomplish work.
Senior graduating in 2018 with a B.S. in Environmental, Civil, Chemical Engineering or Science, or equivalent experience.
Ability to complete the following training: Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Employee (exam required); Hazardous Waste Handler; and Hazwoper response training.
B.S. in Environmental, Civil, Chemical Engineering or Science, or related field
Experience in environmental compliance programs including regulated waste, SPCC, HEPCRA, and spill response.
Experience level of the applicant we want
Some work experience, Graduate