Contrast offers a Silicon Valley like-experience from the 4th floor of Brown's Wharf in the historic part of Fells Point in Baltimore, Maryland providing 180 degree water views. New graduates will feel right at home working side by side with a highly collaborative and engaging group of engineering professionals. Lunch is provided daily, as are snacks and drinks. You will get the chance to experience the fast pace of startup life.
The graduates in engineering position at Contrast is designed to give new engineers exposure to multiple engineering teams and software languages. You will get exposure to a variety of impactful projects from day one. You will be asked to contribute in a meaningful way from the minute you fire-up your laptop and sync with our Git repositories.
We are always looking for talented engineers who want to come work with us. We have opportunities in the following areas:
- Language Specific Agent Engineers: We have opportunities for engineers who want to get under the covers of languages such as Java, C#, NodeJS, PHP, Go, Ruby and Python.
- Full-Stack Development: We’ve got data and have to scale to millions of transactions per minute. What’s cooler than that? We love Java and Python enthusiasts and want to get more comfortable with Docker, Kubernetes and every AWS service under the sun.
- Application Security Research: Do you like researching today's emerging threats and vulnerabilities, such as evaluating externally found CVEs and risks.
- User Experience and Interaction Design: Designers make our product better and are valued immensely at Contrast. You have a lot of freedom and responsibility to navigate the future of our products.
- Cloud Operations: Do you love automation? How about monitoring? Did we mention we scale our deployments to support millions of transactions?
- Digital Content: Our product is becoming more complex and our capabilities are bountiful. We need someone with an eye for teaching and a pen/tablet for writing.
- Support Engineer: Are you a forensic specialist? Do you like helping people out and making their product experience better?
- You can join us in our office in Baltimore.
- You love to code, design and/or research.
- You’re passionate about building a great product.
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
And now a moment from our HR team...
- By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.
Why Do We Have a Code Challenge?
Our philosophy is that life is an open book. We aren’t real big on having you come in and write answers on a white board or code in real-time on a Google Doc. We like to give all of our candidates the chance to be creative and comfortable when putting their best foot forward as part of applying to be on our team. Working on a coding challenge in the comfort of your home, at a neighborhood coffee shop or wherever is our preference. Discussion and collaboration of your project will give you a sense of what it’s like to work with us since it is how we review and provide feedback on each other’s work internally.
Everyone who comes to work in Engineering at Contrast submits a coding challenge…Interns included! The best part of this coding challenge is that when you are done, you have a nice piece of code for the world to see in your Github account.
How Do I Submit a Challenge?
Submitting a code challenge is simple and easy to do. Follow these steps below:
* Pick a Challenge
that’s just right for you and your interests.
* Commit your source with a fantastic README.md
that anyone could use to get the project up and running.
* Try your hardest not to mention us as we value your privacy.
* Send us a link to your project.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us!
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy is boring. If you’re looking for a fun, fast-paced challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security!